MDXi is a high-resolution turnkey x-ray inspection system that is designed to be fully integrated into a production line. Typically the MDXi-NT is robot loaded and controlled using the same automation control (PLC) as the manufacturing processes.
MDXi-NT has been predominantly deployed in the catalytic converter market, providing valuable information for the development, manufacturing and aftermarket processing of catalytic converter and diesel particulate filters (DPF’s).
MDXi uses CatSpect software to detect, measure and analyse features that are hidden from view, including
- Product coatings integrity, uniformity and depth
- Aftermarket inspection of automotive catalytic products to determine cleanliness or level of soot or ash deposits
High quality data for quality assurance and process control
- Automated analysis to provide real-time pass/fail decisions
- High quality data for export to QC / SCADA / SPC systems
- Integration with factory systems
- MDXi-NT is a cabinet based system built largely from stainless steel to withstand corrosive environments
- Typically used for products up to 400mm x 400mm (diameter x height)
- System offers multiple view capability and is configured to provide optimum resolution for the application
- Manual, robot and pick-&-place component feed options
- Integrated system for 100% inspection at full production line speeds
- Robot compatible, PLC controlled and industrially robust