X-ray security scanning detectors

Security scanning owes its origin to photographic film.  Wilhelm Röntgen discovered X-rays using this medium. And film has been the most widely used historical detector. The film absorbs only around 1% of x-rays . The remaining 99% escapes.  Low sensitivity due to poor absorption is film’s main disadvantage.  A significant advantage is that the detection area can […]