The need to send and receive physical items of mail is critical to normal business operations even in this digital age. Mail streams create a vulnerability to malicious attacks and other security incidents which can threaten both the operations and the reputation of an organisation.
Letter bombs are usually designed to explode immediately on opening with the intention of seriously injuring or killing the recipient. Mail may also contain powders or chemicals (as in the 2001 anthrax attacks), sharp items such as needles and razor blades or incendiary devices.
Attacks might be designed to cause physical damage to an individual or property, or to create disruption through fear. This may result in a need to suspend operations whilst the suspicious item undergoes emergency screening procedures.
MailScan provides a means of inspecting all incoming mail or just items identified by mail room personnel as being suspicious or a potential threat.
MailScan cabinet x-ray systems
- Small footprint
- Large inspection chambers and imaging areas
- Powder inspection functionality
- Suitable for screening packages, mailbags and letters
- Unrivalled image resolution and industry leading image processing software
AXIS conveyored x-ray systems
- Conveyored system for greater volume throughput
- Suitable for individual, batch or 100% screening of mail and packages up to 60cm x 40cm (h x w)
- High quality images and materials discrimination
- Ease of use and ‘threat image projection’ training software minimises training time and optimises operator's performance
Tel: +44 (0)1509 817400